+ Are you an African-active agribusiness/agriculture enterprise owner under 40?
+ Have you been in business at least 2-3 years or more?
+ Do you want your business by 20% year on year for the next 3 years?
Then sign up for this workshop:
Module 1: Technology Adoption
The objective of this session is to discuss the importance of technology adoption in modern farming and agribusiness and help delegates develop strategies to acquire technology they deem beneficial to the growth of their businesses.
- Delegates will discuss procurement, access to finance for technology/ equipment, the importance of maintenance, the increasing role and opportunities in African farming of ICT, shared services and opportunities to become a distributor.
- Delegates not involved with primary production will also be able to discuss the importance of technology, beyond the farm, in processing, packaging and retailing.
- Delegates will also be introduced to professionals representing various programs/ projects that exist across Africa that seek to assist young agri-preneurs to acquire and adopt technology and equipment and become more adept at modern farming practices.
- The program will also include a tour of the AGCO Future Farm. Good practice and community experience (s) will also be shared during the two-day program.
- Lastly, delegates will be asked to write down and in small groups develop a short action plan to acquire key technology/ machinery that they believe will enhance their particular enterprise.
Fees: US$200.00 per person (includes transport between pick-up point and AGCO Future Farm, and meals)
For Queries: firstname.lastname@example.org