Deadline for Application: September 14, 2017
With this notice we would like to inform you on the third call of the Geo-data for Agriculture and Water (G4AW) Facility.
The Geodata for Agriculture and Water (G4AW) Facility is a grant programme that started in 2013 and is supported by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It falls under the policy priority of food security, which focuses on increasing and enhancing sustainable food production as well as achieving more efficient agricultural water use, particularly in irrigated areas and water basins in the G4AW partner countries.
The G4AW Facility stimulates public-private partnerships and is supporting initiatives to set up large-scale, demand-driven, and user-tailored satellite-based service chains.
The ultimate goal is to improve the output of the agricultural and fishing sector by providing food producers with relevant information, advice or financial products. This will lead to improved sustainable food production and/or improved efficiency in the use of inputs for food production and/or improved income and improved water management in your country.
The main changes in administrative rules for the 3rd call compared to those of the 2nd call are:
1. The grant ceiling in this third call is €19.8 million.
2. Proposals for a G4AW grant must concern only one G4AW partner country (out of the 26 designated G4AW partner countries).
3. Grants will be awarded to no more than four projects per partner country (including projects that received grants in previous G4AW calls).
4. The maximum grant amount is €3 million.
5. Up to 35% of the partnership’s own contribution may be derived from financial contributions from organisations that are not part of the partnership.
6. At least one party in the partnership must be involved in and have demonstrable experience with satellite data processing.
7. No grant will be awarded to proposals to scale up and/or expand existing services already supported by a G4AW grant by adding new services in the original G4AW partner country or to extend the reach (number of farmers) of these services in the original G4AW partner country. However, all or part of an existing partnership may submit a grant application to carry out a project in another G4AW partner country. In this case the applicant must demonstrate the cost-efficiency as a result of previous investments in developing G4AW services.
Planning of the third Call for Proposals G4AW Facility consists of two phases: a non-obligatory and non-binding advice based on the Request for Advisory Opinion (short project proposal) and a subsidy grant Application (full project proposal).
• Submission deadline for Request for Advisory Opinion: June 14, 2017
• Submission deadline for Application: September 14, 2017
• Evaluation of Application proposals: Sept. 2017 - Jan. 2018
More information about the G4AW Facility can be found on the G4AW website: https://g4aw.spaceoffice.nl/en.
Information on the tender procedure, including the official publication (and translation) of the Geodata for Agriculture and Water Facility 3rd call as published in the Government Gazette can be found here: https://g4aw.spaceoffice.nl/en/About-G4AW/Application-Call-2017-2018/
Lessons learned from two previous G4AW calls can be found here: https://g4aw.spaceoffice.nl/en/News/67/Doing-business-with-satellite-based-apps-and-services-for-smallholder-farmers-and-pastoralists.html
General information relevant for G4AW is published on the G4AW LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8509495