The platform was characterised with official opening by the Eastern Region Permanent Secretary Mr. Chanda Kasolo then followed exhibitions, workshops (Knowledge exchange) and lastly award giving ceremony.
Themes of discussion during the workshops included:
1. Sustainable Integrated Land Management Systems by SNV
2. Cooperative governance by Agriterra
3. Importance of using weights by Spruceland
4. Agribusiness Finance by Citizen Economic Empowerment Commission
5. Safe handling of chemicals by Zambia Environmental Management Agency
6. Farming Inputs by Zambian fertilizers and MRI
7. Post harvesting handling by Polythene products
8. Agriculture technology by Agri-predict
9. Agriculture markets by e-muska
There were 14 organizations and companies that exhibited and 26 partner organizations/companies represented. The total number of farmers reached at once was 658 with most of them coming from cooperatives, hence they are expected to share the knowledge they learnt with other cooperative members.
The event was conclude with an award giving ceremony to:
a) the most promising business which was awarded to MC Sangwani Agro-dealers from Katete
b) the best exhibitor category went to Saro industries and
c) the best workshop award went to MRI Seed Company.
Various other prizes such as scales, a treadle pump and t-shirts were given out as well.