Tanager, an ACDI/VOCA affiliate, is promptly seeking a creative and dynamic Team Leader for Impacting Gender & Nutrition through Innovative Technical Exchange in Agriculture (IGNITE) project funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. This 5-year project will improve household nutrition and women’s empowerment by strengthening African institutions’ ability to integrate nutrition and gender in agriculture interventions and business practices.
The Team Leader will implement a strategy to accomplish sustainable gender and nutrition outcomes in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, and Tanzania and will strengthen networks and collaboration with government agencies, private sector companies, and NGOs working in agriculture.
· Provide technical and managerial oversight and leadership in the design and implementation of annual work plans and strategies and ensure that interventions create sustainable development outcomes.
· Serve as Program Manager for the IGNITE program responsible for operational and financial compliance with the donor and Tanager’s policies and processes.
· Consider and address access to finance obstacles faced by women and youth-led businesses, and ensure activities are designed and implemented to be inclusive of these groups. Guide the entire project with a clear, consistent, and committed vision.
· Lead the assessment, design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of nutrition-sensitive and gender-integrated agriculture interventions with identified institutions.
· Oversee relationship and contracts with subaward partners responsible for model development and evaluation of select interventions; provide guidance on relevant data collection practices (WEAI and nutrition) and impact evaluations.
· Review and ensure quality content and quality writing of annual program reports outlining progress towards meeting activity deliverables and targets as well as any lessons learned, success stories and upcoming activities.
· Identify and cultivate strategic partnerships with peer implementing organizations, private sector companies, and government stakeholders that will strengthen and expand the reach of IGNITE’s technical assistance.
· Provide technical leadership on the nexus of agriculture, nutrition, and gender.
· Maintain positive and dynamic relationships with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, IGNITE clients, and local partners.
· Advanced degree in agricultural economics, business administration, or other relevant technical fields.
· Minimum of 10 years of relevant and progressive work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, in at least 3 different countries; at least 5 years of program management in a supervisory role.
· Experience working with agricultural market systems, rural producers, farmers’ associations, agribusinesses, private sector agricultural production, marketing, or sales, and/or governments.
· Demonstrated track record in providing technical and managerial leadership on sizable gender-integrated agriculture programs, preferably with a nutrition lens.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and effectiveness with strategies for designing, implementing, and evaluating nutrition and gender-inclusive agriculture interventions.
· Proven experience building organizational capacity of national or regional-level institutions.
· Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts and other key stakeholders.
· Excellent oral and written communication, technical, and reporting skills for a high visibility, flagship program.
· Fluency in English, written and oral, required; French language skills strongly desired.
· Ability to travel in Sub-Saharan Africa for up to 40%
Applicants from African countries strongly encouraged to apply.
The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Please apply through ACDI/VOCA's website, here.