The Gender coaching trajectory supported by the AgriProFocus Uganda network, drew participants from two organizations. TRIAS and ISSD with a country wide scope of West Nile, Northern Uganda, Central and South Western Uganda. The trajectory began with a kick off workshop in March 2017 which equipped the participants to develop Gender action Plans.
The results of their learning and applied practice involved four case studies from the trajectory on a range of issues including access to finance, the impact of the application of the GALS and household methodologies and also a testimony to the benefits of spending the resources and effort to design and integrate gender sensitive analysis and strategic interventions.
Further to this all the members of the trajectory took the opportunity to sensitize their organizations and integrate Gender interventions and strategies with their clients, providing a good foundation on which to mainstream good gender pra... Read more
We are in the process of
compiling case studies examining the impact of food system policies and
programs on food security and nutrition outcomes for the upcoming High Level
Panel of Experts report on Nutrition and Food Systems.
We are looking for short case studies – with evidence
of impact on food security and nutrition outcomes – that focus on the areas
• Different farming systems (agro-ecology, precision agriculture, organic systems, intensive vs extensive livestock industries mixed farming systems, monoculture vs mixed farming systems)
• Animal rearing programs
• Production subsidies
• Investment in R&D for production of nutrient-rich foods
• Fruit and vegetable value chains
• Food processing and/or packaging programs or policies
• Investment in infrastructure for producing healthier foods