“Reaching the Informal: the Role of Finance in Improving the Growth and Productivity of SMEs”
The conference will showcase unique perspectives of industry leaders, rich experiences of successful practitioners, and the impactful financial innovations that contribute to improved access to financing for many micro, small and medium sized enterprises from around the world. Under the theme “Reaching the Informal: the Role of Finance in Improving the Growth and Productivity of SMEs”, the forum will explore how innovation in technology, regulation and partnerships can help overcome various informality problems, and open up a far larger market for profitable, sustainable, responsible financial services.
Furthermore, the winners of the Global SME Finance Awards - that recognize outstanding achievements of financial institutions and fintech companies in delivering innovative products and services to their SME clients - will be announced during the event! The deadline for submission of nom... Read more
The e-MFP Summer 2018 Newsletter is now out with:
* Update on the call for applications for the €100,000 European Microfinance Award on Financial Inclusion Through Technology;
* Past Awards revisited;
* Offsite Session - our joint event with the Financial Inclusion Forum UK;
* Save the Date for European Microfinance Week 2018;
* What Role can Microfinance Play in Increasing Access to Affordable Clean Energy?;
* Focus on the Responsible Inclusive Finance Facility in Southeast Asia (RIFF-SEA);
* 100 Smart Certifications - a Milestone for Responsible Inclusive Finance;
* A look at the new study 'Critical Capital for African Agri-food SMEs';
* Updates from our Action Groups
* plus all the latest news and activities from e-MFP and its members complete the edition.
Read the online version here
Read the pdf here
During Foodfirst Conference - 1st June - at Rabobank Utrecht
Organised by: AgriProFocus, ICCO, Rabobank Foundation
Frank Bakx (Rabobank Foundation) presented the results of the study Critical Capital for African Agri-Food SMEs that reviewed demand and supply of risk capital for agrifood SMEs in Sub-Sahara Africa, based on field studies in Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia and Mali
Hans Docter: Director for Sustainable Economic Development at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Netherlands
Laura Smeets: Investment Director at BiD Network Foundation
Jaap Jan Verboom : CEO at Truvalu
Sean Patrick: Founder and Food Innovator at Green Banana
Demand for and supply of risk capital do not match! Entrepreneurs in the SME agri-food sector in Sub-Sahara Africa have a high demand for capital injections between 150 and 250K USD. Private equity and venture capital provider... Read more
In the April newsletter you will find new studies and reports of meetings, including:
first podcast on Feeding Cities
- the study “Critical Capital for African Agrifood SMEs” by Rabobank Foundation, AgriProFocus and ICCO Cooperation, and supported by the F&BKP,
- the report by KIT/Royal Tropical Institute 'Enhancing the effectiveness of agriculture-to-nutrition pathways: key insights from a gender analysis of impact evaluation design.'
- the results of the Knowledge Portal survey
- the input by the F&BKP knowledge brokers to the consultation of Minister Kaag ("Continue investing in a solid knowledge base for Food and Nutrition Security results").
- upcoming events including the foodFIRST conference “Team up with African Agripreneurs” , which takes place on June 1, 2018 in Utrecht. The F&BKP is co-organizing two workshops: “Private sector coalitions to feed African cities” (with MVO Nederland) and “Youth and agriprene