Dear Members and Partners,
We are pleased to present you our Annual Report of 2015.
We are looking back upon a very good and fertile year for AgriProFocus Ethiopia indeed. Not only the new born babies of 3 colleagues of ours, also the very successful National Soil Campaign bear the promise of healthy growth and development. The FSRE learning agenda and the EKN learning events have been appreciated by the many participating professionals.
The bi-monthly business drinks we co-organise with ABSF are lively events with interesting pitches by a wide variety of members, here we have set a trend. Because of this, AgriProFocus Ethiopia has become positively known in Ethiopia. We like to thank all our members and partners for their contributions.
2015 has laid a strong base for development of the network in 2016. We also experienced a both sad and happy moment when our Country Network Coordinator, Gerrit Holtland, left his post after three years. Meanwhile, A... Read more
AgriProFocus Ethiopia is proud to present its Annual Report of 2014. Let me provide a quick glance at the content. The year 2014 was a year of growth of in terms of activities and participation of our stakeholders; both face-to-face and online. This report shows how our network was able to contribute to the capacities of our members (individuals and organizations) to promote farmers entrepreneurship .
• The AgriProFocus Ethiopia network grew to 966 individual members and moved to a new online platform at //agriprofocus.com/ethiopia.
• In total sixteen events were organized with members and network partners, where we welcomed a total of 1556 participants.
• Among the 16, the 3 regional Finance Fairs stand out. In each case, we created a regional organising committee with universities, development organizations, producer organizations and financial institutions.
• A new Innovation Community on Soil Health Management was created. A worki... Read more
Dear Members of AgriProFocus Ethiopia,
I have the pleasure to share with you our Annual Plan for 2015. We highly appreciate the input from our members, therefore, this plan has been compiled based on contributions during our events and forums, like the Annual Network Day, discussion forums of Finance Fairs, Learning Events, Innovation Community meeting, as well as direct feed-backs. We will make sure that 2015 is a year full of opportunities for you when it comes to farmer entrepreneurship!
What you can expect from us:
1. Well developed activities of Innovation Communities,
2. Publication of a manual for Contract Farming and an adaptation of Gender Toolkit in local languages,
3. A number of activities and events targeting, especially, the development of the Private Sector,
4. Continue in promoting and linking Innovations that enhance the life of smallholder farmers,
5. And more which you will observe on our Annual... Read more