National Field Days at Rijk Zwaan Afrisem
For the 5th year in a row Rijk Zwaan Tanzania organizes Field days and welcome vegetable farmers to our demo with our total assortment for indoor and outdoor crops.
For more information please contact/ Kwa maelezo zaidi piga: +255 789 765 062
1. Come collect vegetable seedlings - Florensis has donated 3,000 seedlings to urban gardens! There are mostly tomato and watermellon seedlings. You can collect seedlings from your garden on Tuesday morning at Magdala School Garden.
2. Help students at Magdala Public School to dig their garden bed, together with gardening expert Mr. Eskinder Mulugeta who working to grow food secure schools in Addis Ababa. Learn and work together on Tuesday morning!
Makdala School is a public school in the Biserate Gebriel neighborhood of Addis Ababa, accross the road from the Ethipia Network Security Agency (also known as ENSA, see map via this link).
To collect seedlings or help students dig their garden, please call Mr. Eskinder: 0904399009.
We are a cooperative (COOPERATIVE INGENZI KABARORE (KO.ING.KA) composed of 16 young agripreneurs working in Kabarore Sector of Gatsibo district in Eastern Province of Rwanda. We do processing of passion fruits juice,Tomato Ketchup and Pineapple Jam. During the 3rd youth in agribusiness festival held at Nyagatare campus, we have learned a lot of new insights on the ground and it is from that festival we have informed that there is an online platform where we can join other agriprofessionals. We are very happy to join AgriProFocus Network. The following the photos of some products produced by our cooperative! Thanks!
Here are the eight ways (8) to protect your tomatoes from the diseases and pests;
1. Feed the soil - Healthy soil leads to strong healthy plants. Creating rich healthy soil is one of the most important ways of combating pests and diseases. The best way to add nutrients and improve soil structure is to add plenty of organic matter such as manure. Healthy plants are better able to fend off diseases.
2. Fertilize - What this means is; fertilize enough to keep plants healthy, and no more than that. DO NOT over-fertilize and practice regular watering. Healthy plants are much more likely to resist diseases and other problems.
3. Crop rotation - This is one of the top ways to prevent pests & diseases on your farm. Move your crops around each year so that the same group of crops isn’t in the same area for more than one season. Avoid rotating the same ground with peppers, which can host the same diseases.
4. Weeding -... Read more
Organic tomatoes, honey, coffee, oils, cheese, fruits and more! This is the second gathering of this new farmers' market organized by Ecopia. Among sellers are Slow Food and AgriProFocus Member Alem of Nutri-Dense with her sprouted cereals. Flyer attached.
The experiment was conducted to evaluate the effect of different colored plastic sheets as mulching on the performance of tomato yield, quality parameters and soil temperature. The average fruit diameter varied from 38.57 mm (control) to 43.46 mm (Blue colored plastic mulch). Plastic mulches were superior over and significantly different from control considering the average fruit diameter. However, there is no any significant variation among tested plastic mulches. The variation within plastic was 42.94 to 43.46 mm. Average fruit firmness black and blue plastic mulches have above average fruit firmness as compare to control and clear plastic. Even if there is no significant variation among plastic mulches, black (4.102 kg) and... Read more
Come and walk with the experts in vegetable growing. A wide range of vegetables on show for indoor and outdoor growing, drip irrigation, mulching, trellising, hydroponics. Tomato, melon, cucumber, sweet pepper, ngogwe, aubergine, carrots, beetroot, cabbage, radish, lettuce, fennel, hot peppers, spinach, ...
Make an appointment.
Contact: Abel Kuley ( 0677000405)
Mathew Ngoma (0677000404)
REPORT: TOMATO PARTNERSHIP MEETING IN IHEMI CLUSTER.
There has been a rapid increase in the demand for table and processed tomatoes. However, due to challenges such as poor agronomic practices and high post-harvest losses amongst farmers, demand continues to outstrip supply. As a result of the demand-supply imbalance, tomato processors compete against middlemen for tomatoes in the market, and as a result they are often unable to meet their processing targets. For example DARSH Industries, an agro-processor running a tomato processing facility in Iringa, had planned to process 225,000 MT of tomatoes but until the end of the first quarter of 2016 was only able to process 10 % of the expected target, due to limited supply of quality tomatoes for processing.
With the right interventions, there is high potential to increase the quantity and improve the quality of tomato production in Iringa. As a result, processors such as DARSH can provide a consistent market throughout the year, leading to an... Read more
ALL FRUIT SEEDLINGS FOR SALE
I operate a fruit tree seedling nursery in Lanet in Nakuru, Kenya and would like to sell off all current stock for new stock. I have a variety of fruit seedlings:
1. Strawberry - local - 105 pcs
2. Guava - 219 pcs
3. Pawpaw - 66pcs
4. Avocado - 107 pcs
5. Tree tomato - 106 pcs
6. Loquats- 72 pcs
7. Yellow passion - 60 pcs
8. Purple passion - 60pcs
The seedlings are about 1000 in total. Fair price offered if all are taken.
The seedlings are in various stages of development for re-sale or transplanting.
This can be a very good project for schools or institutions for educational purposes , environment conservation , better health and additional income.
Please get in touch if interested.